Our policy is to make the funds you deposit in to your accounts available on the same business day that we receive the deposit. To determine the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays. Deposits made before 6:00 pm on business days that we are open, will be considered the day of deposit. Deposits made after 6:00 pm or on a day we are not open, will be considered deposited on the next business day we are open.
RESERVATION OF RIGHT TO HOLD
We reserve the right to place a hold on funds up to two business days deposited in to your accounts for any of the following reasons:
- Your account does not have the amount of the check in it;
- Account has been repeatedly overdrawn in the last 6 months;
- Check deposits total more than $5,000 on any one day;
- The deposit check has been returned unpaid;
- Item has restrictive endorsement;
- Tax returns which have only one endorsement;
- Postdated checks or not dated with current date within 6 months;
- Routing and transit number missing or illegible
- Any reasonable cause to believe that the item is counterfeit, altered or has been tampered with;
You are responsible for all items deposited into your account.
We will notify you of the day the funds will be available.
Any deposit made at any national shared branch facility is subject to different hold policies. The Credit Union is not liable for any fees associated with funds not being made immediately available on deposits made at these locations. You may contact the credit union at 301-229-3323/800-826-3323 to receive your current available balance.
- The following items are available immediately upon deposit:
- U.S. Treasury check
- Certified Check
- Electronic deposit
- Travelers check