Special Assistance Programs
This special assistance program is offered to provide temporary relief to eligible Constellation Federal Credit Union members affected by the government shutdown.
Update 1/24/2019: Should the government shutdown continue, members who have already received assistance are still eligible for further assistance. Please contact a loan officer to discuss your options. Only new applicants will be required to provide proof of furlough.
Available to Federal Employees (proof of furlough will be required).
Both loan options are available for funding during periods of unpaid leave.
1. Borrow as much as your latest paycheck
Members who have their payroll direct deposited with CFCU may receive a furlough loan no greater than the amount typically direct deposited into their account
Members who do not have their payroll direct deposited with CFCU may receive a loan no greater than the net amount shown on their most recent paystub.
2. One Fulough Loan per member
1: Existing CFCU loans have the option to Skip A Payment. This excludes mortgages, home equity loans, and Visa lines of credit.
- Skip A Payment fee will be waived
- Payment requirement of six monthly payments on loans will be waived
- Must be current on all existing loans
- Skipping a payment may void any GAP policy you have in place
- Maximum four bi-weekly payments or two monthly payments allowed
2: Early withdrawal on Share Certificates: penalty will be waived.
For more information or to apply for a Special Assistance Loan, please call us at 1-800-826-3818.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate