Our policy is to make the funds from your cash, check, and electronic direct deposit available on the same business day that we receive the deposit. To determine the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays. Deposits made before 5:00 pm on business days that we are open, will be considered the day of deposit. Deposits made after 5:00 pm or on a day we are not open, will be considered deposited on the next business day we are open.
RESERVATION OF RIGHT TO HOLD
We reserve the right to place a hold/longer delays on checks we receive for deposit, depending on the type of check you deposit. Funds may not be available until the second business day after your deposit. However the first $200 of your deposit will be available on the same day.
In addition, funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- Your account does not have the amount of the check in it;
- Account has been repeatedly overdrawn in the last 6 months;
- Check deposits total more than $5,000 on any one day;
- The deposit check has been returned unpaid;
- Item has restrictive endorsement;
- Any reasonable cause to believe that the item is counterfeit, altered or has been tampered with;
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
You are responsible for all items deposited into your account.
We will notify you of the day the funds will be available.
Any deposit made at any national shared branch facility is subject to different hold policies. The Credit Union is not liable for any fees associated with funds not being made immediately available on deposits made at these locations. You may contact the credit union at 800-826-3323 to receive your current available balance.
- The following items are available immediately upon deposit:
- U.S. Treasury check
- Certified Check
- Electronic deposit
- Travelers check