CFCU limits eligibility to a field of membership defined by a common bond. Eligibility is based on any of the following conditions:
- Federal government civil industry employees and retirees in the Washington Metropolitan area which includes the following political jurisdictions: District of Columbia; Calvert County, Maryland; Charles County, Maryland; Prince George's County, Maryland; Arlington County, Virginia; Clarke County, Virginia; Culpeper County, Virginia; Fairfax County, Virginia; Frederick County, Virginia; Fauquier County, Virginia; Loudoun County, Virginia; Prince William County, Virginia; Spotsylvainia County, Virginia; Stafford County, Virginia; Warren County, Virginia; Alexandria City, Virginia; Fairfax City, Virginia; Falls Church City, Virginia; Fredericksburg City, Virginia; Manassas City, Virginia; Manassas Park City, Virginia; Fredrick County, Maryland; Montgomery County, Maryland; Anne Arundel County, Maryland; Baltimore County, Maryland; Carroll County, Maryland; Harford County, Maryland; Howard County, Maryland; Baltimore City, Maryland; Cecil County, Maryland; Allegany County, Maryland; Page County, Virginia; Rappahonnock County, Virginia; St. Mary's County, Maryland; Washington County, Maryland; Westmoreland County, West Virginia; Winchester City, Virginia; Kent County, Maryland; Talbot County, Maryland.
- You are an immediate family member of those listed above. Immediate family is defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent and/or grandchild, stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings and adoptive relationships.
- Household member eligibility is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
- Membership is extended only to individuals who are members of an "immediate family or household" of a credit union member. It is not necessary for the primary member to join the credit union in order for the immediate family or household member of the primary member to join. It is necessary for the immediate family member or household member to first join in order for that person's immediate family member or household member to join the credit union.
- Volunteers, by virtue of their close relationship with a sponsor group.
- Widows and widowers of those listed above.
- Organizations, clubs or associations comprised of groups of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
Once a Member, Always a Member
Our “Once a Member, Always a Member” policy protects those individuals who are at risk of losing their membership because they are no longer within the field of membership (for example a change in job, transfer out of the city, etc). This policy does not protect those individuals who voluntarily terminate their membership with the credit union.
US PATRIOT Act-Identification
To comply with the US PATRIOT Act, Constellation FCU is required to verify the identity of members applying for and opening new accounts with the credit union. We must retain copies of documents used to verify your identity.
We invite all eligible persons to open an account and enjoy the benefits of credit union membership either online or in person.
ONLINE: Please click here to get started.
IN PERSON: Visit any of our locations.