Credit Card Phishing
January 28, 2010
Some of Constellation FCU members have been receiving unsolicited calls from individuals claiming to be from VISA or the credit union, inquiring information about their credit cards. These calls are phishing attempts and are NOT from the credit union, our core processor or VISA. Also, please note that the credit union would never ask unsolicited questions regarding your account over the phone.
Here are additional steps to protect yourself from phishing attempts:
- Do not reveal personal or account information in response to any unsolicited email, or telephone call, fax, or letter - unless you originated the contact.
- Do not reveal your online banking passwords, the Credit Union will never request your password. And, change your password regularly.
- Never send personal and financial information in an email.
- Regularly review all of your account statements showing financial transactions.
- Order a copy of your credit report, look for any unauthorized activity and report any suspicious transactions.
- Destroy receipts as they may have your card number printed on them.
Our Member Services Representatives are available to address any concerns or questions you have regarding your credit union accounts. You may call 800.826.3818 for more information.